Are you struggling to decide whether or not you should study theology, or have you never really given the matter much thought?
Why not spend a few minutes taking the quiz below to help you decide if learning more about theology is for you.
How deep an understanding do you have of the Christian faith?
- I go to church but don’t really think about things that much
- I would like to know more but don’t really know where to start
- Understanding more about Christian teaching is an important part of my faith journey
How long have you been a Christian?
- 0 – 5 years
- 6 – 10 years
- More than 10 years
Have you ever wondered why the Synoptic Gospels are so similar and yet so different?
- I have never noticed
- Yes but I shouldn’t question the Bible, should I?
- Yes and I would really like to know why
Do you understand why God is described as being ‘one God in three divine persons’?
- I have never thought about it
- Not really but I think I will learn the answer one day at church
- I don’t understand but I have tried to find the answer
Do you know how many sacraments there are and what they represent?
- No, I don’t really think about these things
- No but I guess it doesn’t really matter as long as I have faith
- I think so but I would like to know more
Have you ever wondered how some Christians manage to live such faithful lives that touch many people?
- Yes and I hope to live my life in that way as well
Are you interested in how theology can be put to practical use?
- Not really
- Yes, I would like to find out more
How often do you read the Bible?
- Every day
Do you know much about the history of Christianty and how the Church evolved?
- Not really but I am curious to learn more
- I find this area interesting and would like to increase my knowledge
How often do you share your biblical knowledge or Christian faith with other people?
- Very often
Calculate your score:
Answer 1 = 1 point, Answer 2 = 2 points, Answer 3 = 3 points
1 – 10 points
You may think studying theology is not for you. However, we would still recommend you consider taking a Bible Class at your Church or enrol to take one subject at Ming Hua to help you in your faith journey.
11 – 20 points
You want to know more about your faith and what you practice in Church, you just need a little encouragement to help kick start your journey in theological study. The part-time BTh or Diploma programme at Ming Hua could be a good choice for you.
21 – 30 points
You may still be struggling to decide whether or not to study Theology, but your scores point to a definite ‘yes’! You clearly have an interest in theology and it is time to pursue it in more depth. Take a look at our BTh programme or even consider enroling on the MTh.
While this quiz is just a bit of fun, it does help you think about whether you should study theology. Saint Anselm, writing in the 11th century, defined theology as ‘faith seeking understanding’, and this definition gets right to the heart of why it is important to study theology.
Whether it is an enhanced understanding of the key teachings of Christianity, more detailed knowledge of the Bible or a greater awareness of the historical development of the Church, studying theology is a great way for Christians to enrich their faith.
So why not take this exciting step to learn more by signing up for our BTh or MTh programme. There are still two weeks left in which to enrol!
Please do not hesitate to get in touch to find out about the interesting programmes we are running.
For the full range of subjects on offer this semester, please see here: https://hkskhminghua.wordpress.com/2019/05/10/whats-on-offer-2/
You can contact us using one of the methods below:
Phone (852) 2521 7708
Whatsapp 9530 7241
And if you are ready to sign up, you can access the forms here.